So Christmas has passed so we’re all left with that guilt of Christmas dinner and a wad of money. As soon as Boxing Day hits, so do the sales and in the first day alone, department store Selfridge’s made over 1.4 million pounds. I decided to go Hair product crazy and used the £40 from Christmas to treat myself to some new hair products, and a few make up extra’s I had to nab in the sales! Will review once I’ve used them a bit, but here are the items and their prices!
(From right to left)
– Back row –
1. Witch Hazel tinted moisturiser in Light ~BodyCare £1.49
2. Rimmel London Extra Super Lash Building Mascara in Brown Black ~Boots £4.99
3. BarryM Metallic Liquid Eyeliner ~Boots £4.79
4. *Best Product* The Body Shop Grapeseed Glossing Serum ~£7
5. Oil of Aloe Pro Salon Heat Protection Straightening Spray ~BodyCare £0.95 [I brought two because they were so cheap]
6. Bristows Volume and Body Mousse ~BodyCare £0.99
7. Pantene Pro-V Hairspray Volume and Body Level 5 Ultra Strong Hold ~BodyCare £1.99
8. *Best Buy* Tony&Guy ‘Hair meet Wardrobe’ (includes Norish conditioner, Cleanse Shampoo and Casual Sea salt texturising spray) ~Boots £5 from £10
Front Row L-R
9. Gold hair clips ~BodyCare £0.99
10. Blonde bobbie pins 48pc ~BodyCare £1.99
11. Spin clips part of the Tony&Guy set
12. I forgot to add these in the picture, but I got 6 Bendy Rollers ~BodyCare £2.25
This morning I had peel myself from my bed with (Shock horror) greasy hair! I had no time to rush into the shower but, in the back of a draw was a can of Batiste Dry shampoo. I’ve got Clean & Classic, which was great. When I sprayed it into my roots, my hair looked white and ghost-like (freakout)! But as soon as you scruff up your hair and brush it back out, no one will know you faked that soft I-just-Came-Out-The-Shower look. Theres loads of different dry shampoos, Lee stafford is also quite good (if not a little bit pricey).
Heres all the Dry Shampoo’s avaliable from Batiste, £2.99 : Cherry, Spicy & Sentual, Wild, Clean & Classic, Coconut & Exotic Tropical, Dark & Deep Brown, Big & Bouncy XXL Volume, Light & Blonde and Floral & Flirty.
- Great for a bad hair day
- Relitively cheap
- Smells good
- works well
- Will only work for roughly 24 hours
- Unless you brush it out, you may have a weird white mist over your hair
- Not as good for your hair as the traditional shower
- Coloured dry shampoos may look uneven
Celebrities such as Aubrey O’day, Fergie, Selina Gomez and Cheryl Cole are sporting the fabulous fishtail plait. There are different variations of the plait, but my favourite is defintely Aubrey O’Day (Left). They can be a bit tricky to get neat, and can take a while to do, but it has to be the coolest new hair do about! To get the look, Look Magazine have a How-To video.
Want glossy locks like Jennifer Anniston or Cheryl Cole without having to pay for a professional hair kit? I’ve got some great tips for glossy, healthy hair. Just follow the guide for your hair colour, and enjoy luscious locks.
Wash your hair with your usual shampoo and conditioner. When all the conditioner is thoroughly gone from your hair, rinse it with roughly a litre of camomile tea. As crazy as it sounds, by doing this your hair will feel light, glossy and will smell great. Don’t rinse out the tea, simply leave it in, blow drying if required.
Red or ginger hair:
Rose hip Tea is great for enhancing russet tones. Like with camomile (see above) rinse your hair with a cup of cold Rose hip tea for light but strong coloured hair.
One small cup of coffee can add depth and shine for brunette or darker looking hair: Use left over cafetiere coffee or espresso if you cant get your hands on it. Let the coffee cool, then pour over your hair and leave in for ten minutes before rinsing thoroughly.
By eating a variety of nuts and drinking lots of water, your hair will stay strong and healthy -Its very good for your nails too!